1. Battle of the Bras: Battle of the Bras is a community fundraiser hosted by Women’s Council of Realtors® Collin County. It is the 5th annual event to raise funds for Women Rock, Inc., in support of breast cancer patient’s needs. The decorated bras are modeled by local firefighters. The bras are then auctioned off to the highest bidder. The live and silent auction items include sports memorabilia, jewelry, trips and more. A dinner and live entertainment will be held from 6-9:30 p.m. Oct. 25 at Bishop Park at Legacy Town Center, 7121 Bishop Road, Plano. The cost for this event is $650 per table of 10. For more information, call 214-850-7586.
2. Fun on the Farm: Put on your favorite costume and come trick or treat at the Heritage Farmstead Museum, 1900 W. 15th St., Plano. The event will be held from 10 a.m. to noon Oct. 27. Activities include trick or treating, chicken feeding, tractor rides, a craft, and more. This event is open to ages 1-9 and the cost is $7 for children. Event day admission is $8 for child and $3 general admission for adults.
3. Halloween Bash at the Nat: 8:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. Oct. 27, Don Rodenbaugh Natatorium, 110 E. Rivercrest Blvd., Allen, will be hosting a Halloween costume contest followed by a screening of “The Nightmare Before Christmas” from 8:30-11 p.m. Oct. 27. Prizes will be given to the best male and female costumes. The natatorium is staying open late for this Halloween experience. It is open to individuals 17 years and older. Register online with the barcode 56430 at https://online.activecommunities.com/allentxparks/Start/Start.asp. For more information, call 214-509-4770, email email@example.com or visit AllenParks.org.
4. Monster Mash Dash | Halloween 5K Fun Run and Walk: The University of Texas at Dallas 800 W Campbell Rd, Richardson, will have a 5K run or walk registration at 7:30 a.m. Oct. 28 The race begins at 8:30 am. Costumes are encouraged for this Halloween 5K Run and Walk and Kids 1-mile Fun Run. All proceeds benefit the Dallas tennis and education academy programs that provide after-school tutoring, tennis instruction, and life skills development to over 25,000 under-resourced youths annually in the community. For more information, call 972-387-1538, email firstname.lastname@example.org, visit https://runsignup.com/Race/TX/Richardson/monstermashdash.
5. Prosper FD & PD Drug Take Back Event: Drop-off your expired or unwanted prescription medications and over-the-counter drugs between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Oct. 28 at the Prosper Fire Department, 1500 E. First St., Prosper. They will not be accepting liquids such as cough syrup. Please do not bring illegal drugs. The fire department is accepting needles used for prescription medication administration.
For more information on area events, visit herald democrat.eviesays.com